Sunday, August 17, 2014

my Jesus I love Thee



                       my Jesus I love Thee 
            I know Thou art mine
                 for Thee all the follies of sin I resign
      my gracious Redeemer my Savior art Thou
            if ever I loved Thee my Jesus tis now

          I love Thee because Thou has first loved me

                  and purchased my pardon
                       on Calvary's tree
              I love Thee for wearing
                 the thorns on Thy brow
           if ever I loved Thee my Jesus tis now

                               I'll love Thee in life

                        I will love Thee in death
                  and praise Thee as long
            as Thou lendest me breath
              and say when the death dew
                    lies cold on my brow
           if ever I loved Thee my Jesus tis now

                in mansions of glory and endless delight

             I'll ever adore Thee in heaven so bright
          I'll sing with the glittering crown on my brow
               if ever I loved Thee my Jesus tis now



                    an incredible story of life
                                       in Jesus
                                          we love
                                    because He first
                               loved us
                           He redeemed us
                        by wearing thorns twisted
                                 into a crown
                                      thorns tearing the
                                          skin of our
                                       priceless
                                   precious
                                rose

              He is all we need

                    in life or in death
                          I have seen the death dew
                                lying on my father's brow
                            as we sang him into heaven
                        using these very words
              but oh the victory
           as Jesus reaches down 
        gathering His beloved into His arms
                   placing the glittering crown
                           on the head of he who ran
                                   the race well
                                      earning the prize
                                  for which God called
                            him heavenward in Christ Jesus




                my Jesus I love You
                      I will love You forever
                          I love You with love indescribable
                       even when ~
                   ESPECIALLY when
              my heart feels burdened
                                   heavy 
                                        lonely
                       this is the time
                       this is the moment
                            when I will worship
                                   even if the worship
                                        is coming from a
                                           heart broken
                  I will sing
                  I will praise
                  I will worship
                    through tears
                           through laughter
                                  through any circumstance
                            for as long as He lends
                      me breath
                and when I breathe no more
            I will be worshiping
                 I will be singing
                 I will be dancing
                         in the presence of Jesus




No comments:

Post a Comment