Friday, July 11, 2014

more thankful?


                                      Always be joyful. Pray continually...
                         and give thanks whatever happens.
                     This is what God wants for you in
                                            Christ Jesus.
                                                1 Thessalonians 5:16

                                             is it possible to be more blessed...
                                                   and if it is am I not saying
                                                        I am not satisfied with Jesus?
                                                            for how could I be more blessed...
                                                   it is impossible...
                                     for being blessed has nothing to do with
                                                   wealth
                                                        circumstances
                                                               broken dreams
                                                                        broken hearts
                                                             what I do
                                                     what I do not do

                                              would having all those around me united
                                                        make me more blessed?
                                                     would having all restored
                                                make me more thankful?
                                          of course I would be thankful...
                                                          but more thankful?
                                                                     I think not

                                                  if all those for whom I pray
                                                            were to find life in Jesus
                                        would my joy and gratitude
                                            increase?
                                                                  I think not...
                                                            for although I would be truly
                                                                      grateful and joy filled
                                                              if I were to say I would be
                                                                    more so
                                      than am I not saying I am not content with today?

                                                        the paradox that lies within is this...
                                                      I would be overwhelmed with gratitude
                                                if some circumstances were to change...
                                           yet I would be no more
                                                                     grateful
                                           than I am today
                                                                in this very moment
                                                                        in this very room
                                                         with everything exactly as it is
                                                              or with even less...

                                                                   my heart might ache
                                              yet my peace...my joy...my ability to say
                                                      and mean thank you to Jesus
                                                 with all that I am
                                                                would be no more
                                                                                    no less
                                                          because Jesus is enough



                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment