Tuesday, April 28, 2015

surrender

                           

                                  "By giving Me that to which 
                                        you most tightly cling
                                               you are truly giving
                                                       Me you."

                                      barely a whisper above the
                                               quiet roar of life
                                                   but I heard
                                                  and perhaps
                                               more importantly
                                                         I listened

                                   for how often must this heart
                                      hear the word
                                         surrender
                                            before realizing He
                                               refers to everything

                                           so easy for this heart to
                                      make exceptions
                                 perhaps even manipulate
                            in order to keep that which seems
                       utterly impossible to do without
                          
                                     perhaps even calling it 
                                 necessary for Kingdom work

                                       and pride has
                                          crept in
                                             so subtle
                                                as to keep this
                                                    heart unaware...
                                                 for since when is
                                              anything I have or do
                                          necessary for
                                       Kingdom work?

                                    so once again I surrender
                                      surrender all to Jesus




                                    "here I am
                                        down on my knees again
                                           surrendering all
                                              find me here
                                       Lord as You draw me near
                                  desperate for You

                                                I surrender

                                         drench my soul
                                    as mercy and grace unfold
                                              I hunger and thirst

                                     with arms stretched wide
                                   I know You hear my cry
                                 speak to me now

                                               I surrender
                                      I want to know You more

                                         like a rushing wind
                                     Jesus breathe within
                                  Lord have Your way
                               Lord have Your way in me

                              like a mighty storm
                                 stir within my soul
                                     Lord have Your way
                                        Lord have your way in me

                                               I surrender
                                      I want to know You more"
                                                       Hillsong

                            
                           

No comments:

Post a Comment