Sunday, May 8, 2016

dear mommy

                                      dear mommy,
                                      I know you never 
                                      ever dreamed that
                                          you would have to
                                                bury me in the cold
                                                     ground that day.
                                                        you remember
                                                   counting each 
                                               finger and toe
                                          and holding me
                                      close to your heart
                                   and watching me grow
                                and letting go seemed
                                more than you could bear.
                                  and Mother's Day hurts.
                                     it's alright, mommy.
                                       Jesus was holding me
                                         the whole time and
                                      He carried me to the light
                                    so bright and warm and
                                  more beautiful than any
                                thing I have ever seen.
                                and He holds me and sings
                                to me and I sing to Him
                                  and we run and play tag 
                                     and mommy, I'm in a place
                                         you can't even imagine!
                                             I am living and
                                                laughing and
                                                dancing and
                                              singing 
                                          just like I did with you,
                                     and the day will come
                               when we will be together again!
                                       I love you, mommy.
                                    dear mommy,
                                 you were so happy.
                              I could hear you talking
                           and singing all the time.
                        I could hear you praying
                        over me.
                            and when you were quiet,
                                 the beating of your heart
                                      reassured me that 
                                            all was well.
                                                  then that day
                                                  came. 
                                                mommy, 
                                             I saw Jesus.
                                          and I still do.
                                     He held me close
                                 as the darkness I was
                              so used to turned to bright
                           and shiny and beautiful light.
                           mommy, it's okay.
                              Jesus was drying your tears
                                   while He was holding me.
                                        He understands that
                                             your heart hurt.
                                             and still does.
                                          and Mother's Day hurts.
                                          I know that one day
                                        you will meet me here.
                                      you will hug me and
                                    kiss me and laugh
                                  and dance with me.
                                I love you, mommy.
                           dear mommy,
                               you knew about me.
                                    you were excited even
                                         though I was too little
                                              to see.
                                                   my heart was
                                                 beating, mommy,
                                              just like yours.
                                           you tried so hard
                                        to keep me from
                                     coming out before
                                  I was able to live
                               outside of you.
                               it's alright, mommy.
                                  it isn't your fault.
                                       Jesus carried me in
                                           His arms, mommy.
                                                I'm not scared or
                                                lonely or sad.
                                             I love looking into
                                           His eyes when He's
                                        smiling at me.
                                      it makes my heart happy.
                                    and I know, mommy, that
                                  one day you will get to 
                                    hold me and kiss me.
                                      and I will get to look
                                        into your eyes while
                                          you smile at me.
                                        I love you, mommy.
                                       dear beautiful one
                                 who wants to be a mommy.
                             you want to have a little one 
                                 like me to call your own.
                                     Jesus knows.
                                     Jesus understands.
                                          He already knows
                                              what I will look like!
                                                  He has every day
                                              all planned out
                                           because He loves you
                                       as much as He loves me.
                                  and just think, mommy to be,
                                     maybe I will be born
                                        to a mommy who
                                           knows deep in her
                                              heart that although
                                         she will help me be born,
                                    she will lay me in your arms
                                to hug and kiss and love and 
                                    call your own.


               "You saw me before I was born.
                    Everyday of my life was recorded in
                        Your book.
                Every moment was laid out
                    before a single day had passed."
                         Psalm 139:16                          


                                       
                                           

                                   

                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment