Wednesday, November 5, 2014

live for today

         

                       "the thing you should want most is God's kingdom
             and doing what God wants...
    then all these other things you need will be given to you...
                    so don't worry about tomorrow, 
             because tomorrow will have its own worries...
                each day has enough trouble of its own.”
                                      Matthew 6:24



                  if I could trust Him yesterday
                        and the day before
                        and the day before
                             what makes me think His is not
                                  trustworthy today?
   
                the problem is not a lack of trust
                                 for the material ~
                        no ~ He has proved that over and over
                   just when there seems no way out
                          He steps in with what I need
                                    and far more

                  no ~ my questions lie more in the realm of
                                 purpose
                                    as in what
                                       where
                                    when
                                 how
                         in other words
                  I am asking Him what His plan for my life is
                    I want to know 
                      I want to know why I am here
                         I want to know what I should be doing
                            I want the schedule
                                   the reason
                                   the result



              I want to know that my life is not purposeless
                  I want to know that I am in the center
                         of His plan for me~
                              not wandering around
                                    simply thinking I am

                   in the middle of the chaos of the storm
                         that rages in my mind
                             I hear a whisper        
                                a voice familiar
                                       comforting
                   " o My child ~
                         look up
                         look around
                              do you see the trees painted
                                           golden red
                                   bending in the wind?
                          do you see the vivid blue of sky
                     stretched from one end of the horizon
                             to the other?
                         listen
                         listen to the wind
                                do you hear its power?
                         do you sense its strength?
               feel
               feel the sun's rays
                     do you feel it embracing you?
                          do you feel its warmth permeating?
             
                My child ~
          when you see hear feel that which is surrounding you
                     you are seeing hearing feeling ME
               you want to know what lies ahead
                    you long to know that the yesterdays
                          will not ruin the tomorrows
                                you know I hold
                                      each yesterday
                                   each tomorrow
                               and today
                           in My hand
                       yet you question
                       yet you doubt
            My beloved one ~ LIVE FOR TODAY
               live in the BLESSING of today
                  live knowing that today I am smiling on you
                     live to know Me more deeply
                         live to bring joy to My heart
                       thank Me for each little gift 
                     thank Me for each breath
                   thank Me for each sunrise
                                each sunset
                       and every moment in between
                do not spend today wondering about tomorrow
             do not spend today regretting yesterday
                   live for today!
                       I will show you what tomorrow holds
                                          tomorrow
                  trust that My plan for your life
               is already set in motion
             nothing catches Me off guard
          hold on to My promises
                know that if you are walking with Me
                       in the present
                           in this very moment
                               that you ARE in the center
                                   of My plan and purposes
                                 for your life
                            if you are looking to Me
                                resting in Me
                            all is well
                       I will lead the way
                  I will open the right doors
               at the right moment
           all I ask of you is to be ready
                    and live in the door I am opening today ~
                     living loving laughing 
                        sharing My light
                               My love
                                   dancing in the wind
                                       living with eyes
                                         wide open
                        remembering that you will miss
                    the small joys and gifts of today
                if you are consumed with tomorrow
                     so live for today"



                          
                                
                              
                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment